1. We decided to make a program for the warehouse, only online. We thought that there were a hell of a lot of warehouses in the Western European market, and they all dreamed of working in SaaS. (Not really.)
2. Now there are many different technologies that allow you to quickly and efficiently web applications. It all depends on the developers, not the technology. The main thing is not to choose out of ignorance some dying relic.
3. From individual entrepreneurs (one-person business) to companies with 30-50 employees. They sell something physical that you can touch with your hands – toys, cosmetics, spare parts. They sell wholesale, retail or online.
4. No need to save, it is better to earn more through good sales. Therefore, we constantly consider which product features and sales channels bring in more money, and develop them.
5. With the help of bootstrap, we managed to launch the beta version. But the first paying customers appeared only after the first round of investments. I think that it is possible to fully launch a B2B cloud service only with investments – this is quite an expensive entertainment (both development and sales).
6. There were two rounds of investments, the first from http://asi.ee/en and the second from 1C.
7. The main mistake is to quickly do a lot of things and see which ones work (this applies to both the product and sales). This is a very cool thing that can be done in a startup, but impossible in a big company. Actually, this is why (and only why) a startup can win, although it has orders of magnitude fewer resources. We often thought, planned, programmed for too long.
8. Making products for business is difficult, but interesting. They are more difficult to launch than many B2C services, but if you do get an audience, it will be more loyal. I want to think that we all – cloud services – help grow a little
Askar, who doesn’t know, is “Yuri Gagarin of the Russian SaaS” – he made the service and he “flew”. Bets on a vertical solution, experiments with the product and sales did their job by 20 percent, the rest is hellish performance of the team and Askar personally, I’m sure.
1. Once upon a time, we started as a custom business solution development team. We were soon struck by how much the tasks in this sector are of the same type. That is, in fact, all 100% of our clients automated their work through Excel, they asked to place this Excel spreadsheet of theirs on the Internet so that there would be no discrepancy between versions of different employees, to rigidly set the algorithm for the sequence of actions with it, so that there was no confusion in work. And to strictly delimit access rights for employees so that the intern girl from the sales department sees only the data that she needs and does not accidentally delete anything. Actually, this is how the idea of the service was born, as a simple wizard for creating accounting systems for business. This is a wizard in which a person who does not know how to program needs to answer three questions: indicate the data structure (columns of his Excel table), draw a diagram of the sequence of actions (For example: cold call-> commercial offer-> meeting-> contract), and set groups users and data access rules for them (For example: Junior managers: View all data, edit their own. Senior managers: edit all data)
2. We use the Microsoft platform It is well known that the development tools and the MS cloud environment are about 5 years ahead of the open solutions. Of course, there are many projects based on PHP, but this is more due to the fact that these solutions come from the early 2000s, when there was no adequate alternative to PHP for web development. In other words, in order not to develop a Holy war, it is worth saying that PHP is ideal for simple, lightweight solutions, of which there are so many in the b2c sector.
3. Our target audience is small companies that do not have programmers within their IT department, who need to quickly automate their business processes, taking into account the specifics of their work, which makes the use of classic CRM and task managers ineffective for solving their problems.
4. We participate in the bizspark program, which allows us to significantly save on IT infrastructure and development tools
5. We position ourselves as a unique solution that can offer a complete system for business in one day. Unfortunately, in the b2b sector, everyone is used to the fact that implementation projects drag on for many months with huge budgets. We hope to reverse this situation and offer the market a solution aimed at efficiency, and not an expensive long-term construction.
6. On your own, plus sales and pre-orders. This is how we live
7. During the project, we made one big mistake. A large company, a system integrator, became interested in our solution. We secured promises from management to work closely together, and began to perform tasks within their company, which was positioned as a convenient way to develop the system in greenhouse conditions. But when it came time for the financial outlay on the part of the company. It turned out that they still have a lot to do, and if we refuse, then this is unprofessionalism, and we will not be paid for the work done either, since they also spent time on us J. As a result, we lost 2 months, and as a result, we received hole in the budget. There is only one conclusion, all large companies and investments. funds always swing for a very long time, so working with them should always be a lower priority than the operational activities of the project.
8. The b2b market is very archaic, this is mainly due to the fact that a very large number of employees work with data in companies, automating their activities will deprive them of their jobs, or make their work transparent, which will increase their labor costs, or force them to retrain. Therefore, when working in this sector, one must always be prepared to face hostile lobbying, and during negotiations, deal only with the company’s management, that is, those who really benefit from successful implementation.
9. A difficult question, we try not to save once again on development and technology, since in our case this directly affects the quality of the product.
10. First, they bootstrapped for a long time, created a technology, service and started the first sales with their own, and then attracted investments in the amount of just over $1M to scale sales and further develop technologies.
11. The main mistakes were when trying to hire people for sales and promotion in the US market. Entering foreign markets requires significant investment and knowledge of the surrounding reality in these markets.
12. We have recently launched a new product-platform for developers of communication services (this is already PaaS) voximplant.com, any web or mobile developer who wants can quickly create phone services, chats, etc. and build it all into your products.